[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Conclave of Providence • View topic - Proposal - Alteration of Operation Deliverance

Proposal - Alteration of Operation Deliverance

All Proposals related to Operation Deliverance and its scope should be posted here for debate.

Proposal - Alteration of Operation Deliverance

Postby Reconqu1sta » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Lords and Ladies,
Administrative Secretary Onzo,
Honored Councilmembers, Delegates and Observers,

I am deeply humbled by the opportunity to speak before you today and thank you all for considering my words. It is quite clear, that we are all connected in our pursuit of reason, wisdom and truth.

It is in front of these values of reason, wisdom and truth that I want to propose to you today an alteration of Operation Deliverance. Its three tenets should furthermore read as follows:

Objectives:
- Enforce a sovereign law and keep order, bringing an end to piracy.
- Increase economic development and prosperity for the region and all who choose to live there.
- Stabilize and strengthen space until it is covered by the Yulai Convention, be it as part of an Empire, a Mandate or an independent entity.

I understand that this may sound like a radical step to those Delegates and Observers who value their and our allegiance to the Amarr Empire - these new tenets do not indeed in any way draw connections to the Amarr Empire. And this is by design. But I'm still convinced that my reasoning is not as radical as it seems at first.

CVA during the years
Operation Deliverance has been a steadfast set of tenets for CVA in the past, practically since its conception. At the time of its conception, CVA was indeed fuelled by Amarrian ideals, passion, faith and blood. And I'm quite convinced, and history seems to confirm that no Republic, Federation or State would ever have been able to give birth to an entity as succesful and venerable as CVA. As such, CVA should never forget its roots in the positive values of the Amarrian Empire and its people.

If we look at CVA today, however, we see an entity that is open for and inclusive of all capsuleers and humans of any origin, ancestry, faith, political conviction and any other category. Let us not underestimate this achievement, my fellow delegates! This here is not the same CVA anymore that was brought to life in light of Amarr! This CVA has developed and is much more today as those who conceived it, could have hoped for.

CVA - a beacon of progress and inclusiveness
The original driving force of passion for the Amarr Empire has been continuously supplemented and oftentimes replaced by the passion for own values. CVA and her allies has given the early capsuleers the fertile soil to grow and develop their characteristics and possibilities. It is on the shoulders of such capsuleers that we as the next generation of capsuleers can now see and reap their achievements. Their spirits have turned towards ever more inclusive thoughts and politics. The documents of some corporations under CVA tell as much. One example: Where there has been rigorous recruitment standards based on race, there are now key positions staffed by those, the same corporation has formerly called "Smelly Minmatars, Free Gallente, Greedy Caldari".

Now it is time for us to lay the foundation for those who come after us and give them the opportunity to develop the openness of CVA even further. We can continue to show the world how peaceful and inclusive an entity made by capsuleers can be, compared to many other entities, if you fuel it with righteousness and human values.

Not radical change but preparation for the future
However, we all stem from different backgrounds. Some - like myself - were born of Amarrian Blood. Many are still loyal to the Amarr Empire. But these wouldn't have to worry! In practice, not much would change by altering Operation Deliverance in the proposed way. Not politically: We are still not in any way recognized by the Amarr Empire and there have been no signs that this would change. It has been a one-way communication until now. Not internally: Amarrian loyalists may still stay loyal to the Amarr Empire, but would just have to accept that not everyone in CVA is loyal to the Amarr Empire - as is the fact right now, by the way, my honored delegates! Many of the capsuleers within CVA and greater Providence honor and support the coalition not because of its Amarrian ties, but because of what it could establish despite them.

Furthermore, it's clear the core principles of Operation Deliverance would still be the very same. Still, we would uphold a law and order. While this does not have to be Amarrian Law by the letter, it might still be if we choose so. But we would be open for a continued development as it has happened in the last years. Still, as was planned before, we would prepare Greater Providence to become part of the space governed by the Yulai Convention, just not necessarily within Amarr Empire anymore, although it is a possibility. This shows that this step is even compatible with Amarr scripture.

The time to act is now
Let us give ourselves and those who come after us options, freedom and self-determination.
Let us act according to what we are - capsuleers. We are immortal! History shows the Empires are not.
Let us show the galaxy what those who strive for betterment of themselves and the circumstance for each member of the human race.
Let us not wait for the four Great Powers and CONCORD to find the ultimate political solution. Let us instead focus our goals on a much shorter timespan. We, as capsuleers, may be immortal. The Billions of people who already live in every starsystem of Providence and adjacent regions are not.

Now is the time, fellow delegates! CVA and the greater coalition have proven time and time again that the capsuleer is willing and able to create and uphold order. The Age of the Empires has seen its zenith - the Age of the Capsuleer has begun. Let CVA be the entity to shape it!

Lords and Ladies,
Administrative Secretary Onzo,
Honored Councilmembers, Delegates and Observers,
I hope you give my words your consideration and I thank you for listening to my proposal.

Reconqu1sta

EDIT:
Clarification in the third tenet: "an independent Mandate -> a Mandate or an independent entity"
Reconqu1sta

Re: Proposal - Alteration of Operation Deliverance

Postby rorincutter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:50 pm

I don't see any changes? Only comments about doing what we want and not owing allegiance to the Empire anymore.
Maybe I missed something?
rorincutter

Postby Utari Onzo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Postby Reconqu1sta » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 am

In the interest of transparency, and since the changes seem to be perceived as much more subtle than I originally thought until now, I will point out the proposed alterations to Operation Deliverance. (Removed portions are set (in brackets), while new portions are written in bold.)

Old: Enforce (Amarrian) law and bring an end to piracy (in the Empire).
New: Enforce a sovereign law and keep order, bringing an end to piracy.

Old: Increase economic development and prosperity.
New: Increase economic development and prosperity for the region and all who choose to live there.

Old: Stabilize and strengthen space (to further the Amarr empires territorial reclamation).
New: Stabilize and strengthen space until it is covered by the Yulai Convention, be it as part of an Empire, a Mandate or an independent entity.

Another clarification: As Administrative Secretary Onzo rightfully pointed out in his own proposal, holding sov means already being subject to CONCORD and the Yulai Convention. This was not the coverage I intedended to express in my proposal, however. The coverage meant in the third tenet would be achieved, if the space was not only covered by the Yulai convention, but also policed by CONCORD, comparable to Empire Space. If a re-wording is needed to convey this thought in contrast to mere sov holding, I'm open for suggestions.

Thank you.
Reconqu1sta

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:45 pm

This proposal is outright treason.

I request the admistrative secretary to veto it immediatly.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby Utari Onzo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:15 pm

The proposal follows the outlined methods of creating proposals and what one can make a proposal on, therefore I cannot veto it as administrative secretary.

However, I agree the proposal allows for too far a leeway with the potential of creating a state with no clear intent in regards to our relationship with the amarr empire. The changes offered seem to be an attempt to placate both those that wish an independant, but allied status (such as with the Kingdom) and those of us that wish for annexation, but this proposal fails to do either. Instead, it murkies the waters further by altering objectives without the proper context or reasoning, and therefore in my capacity as a member of the Council I call a veto.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Postby rorincutter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:16 pm

rorincutter

Postby JedsZero » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 pm

The primary goal of Operation Deliverance has always been, and in my mind should always be, annexation by the Empire... suggesting we would be our own separate state borders on treason. Now... moving ourselves away from from our current status and towards eventual annexation may well include declaring our independence, while also declaring ourselves loyal to the Empire... creating our own state should not ever be our final and ultimate goal. The proposal as it stands suggests either or would be good enough for us... either annexation... or being our own separate state... and that is a dangerous statement to make. Our ultimate goal should at all times be Imperial Annexation. If declaring ourselves a separate, and not subjects of CONCORD, while declaring our loyalty to the Empire is needed to bring about that annexation, then so be it... but even suggesting we would create our own state and then just being happy with that as the end result is very dangerous indeed.
JedsZero
Principalof the Providence Empyrean Council
JedsZero

Postby Reconqu1sta » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 pm

This proposal has received a call for veto. In it, I've been given the possibility to clarify the proposal. I will not make use of this possibility, as I think that the proposal and my argumentation for it is clear, reasonable and of sound logic. As for context and reasoning: My proposal would open up several possibilities for the future and give room for a healthy development of a new group of humans that just began to find their place in the world. If nothing else, it would guarantee that man-made political restrictions would not interfere with God's will.

Seeing the current reactions, I expect my proposal to fail in the end. But I trust in the wisdom of the Council of Representatives and am convinced that they value discourse enough to not forbid it outright by confirming the veto.

On a side note, I challenge Delegate Laurentian Korvush to follow up with a formal accusation, if he insists on my proposal constituting it treason. Let the proper authorities decide my guilt in this matter. Otherwise he shall retract this slanderous statement immediately!
Reconqu1sta

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:45 pm

How could you possibly claim that betraying the Empire by froming a sovereign state is not treason?

Also I find a lot of this self-declared "pope"'s rethoric in your proposal...
The man who thinks himself a god and incited the CFC to raid first the throne-worlds and then Providence. No treason there either, I suppose.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Next

Return to Operation Deliverance