[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Conclave of Providence • View topic - Proposal - Protection of Faith act

Proposal - Protection of Faith act

All Proposals related to Operation Deliverance and its scope should be posted here for debate.

Re: Proposal - Freedom of Faith act

Postby Erika Wallker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Erika Wallker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:59 pm

I feel both proposals are open to one-sided missinterpretation.

Lord Vaari's proposal, if accepted as it, would ban the practice of any unorthodox faith.
Yours, Miss Walker, would open the doors to public pocessions and transmisions of heathen or even heretic rituals.

Alien faiths, unless those outlawed explicitly for their disruptive nature, should neither be legally protected nor persecuted.
This way anyone can follow their traditions in the privacy of their home and together with fellow followers in peace,
yet every heresy spreading to the public and causing disruption could be struck down at once.

Theological discussion has been a part of providece for a long time. Defensores Fidei and the Providence Theological Seminar have
contributed greatly to the education of capsuleers not only here but in the entire cluster via the intergalactic summit.
A potential convert may ask questions and will not be denied an answer, for this we need not give him the reight to insist on spreading false ideas.

Also Lord Vaari himself has been partial to many controversial discussions on matterf of faith.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby Erika Wallker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm

I agree with most of what you say. It seems like a very good compromise.

However, i do not agree on your assumptions about my proposal, but there might be a language barrier between us.

I also encourage those whose faith is heathen/heretic to come to us and open a discussion. We can show people to true and only way.

Spreading false ideas, openly trying to convert and rituals that hurt others are all prohibited in my proposal. It is meant to establish an open region, based on the amarrian religion but an open region nontheless.

Would you maybe offer an addendum to my proposal? because i feel our views are similar and not far apart.
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby vyshnegradsky » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 am

As was previously mentioned, repression leads to dissent. We want to encourage people to come to Providence without fear of immediate discrimination. After all, we do allow the Minmitar to fly freely with us. However, there is only one true path to God. We do not want our people to be led astray.

If Heretics and Heathens want to fly with us, I can accept that as long as they are not given space to sway people from the true faith. They may even come to realise their mistake and embrace our religion for themselves.

To my fellow brothers in faith, if you want to stop the heathens spreading, do not give them a cause to rally behind. Everyone loves a Martyr, do not give them one by attacking them, let them settle and fade away into irrelevance.
vyshnegradsky

Postby Erika Wallker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I have updated the original proposal and added a few points that were discussed in the discussion. If any further feedback is received i will update the proposal further
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby [PIE] Laerise » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 pm

God wills it!
[PIE] Laerise

Postby Erika Wallker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:48 am

I Propose no such thing!

If it is as you say, that Providence has already regressed because a lot of their pilots are not of the faith. What will you do about them? convert them and if they don't listen kill them? No, you know as well as me that this is impossible. We need those pilots and as long as they keep their faith to themselves I will fly with them. If for some reason they become active in their faith and attempt to spread lies and deceit openly (outside of regular theology discussions) then these people should be persecuted. However, for as long as they practice in private and do not harm anybody I see no problem. The only difference between my proposal and Lord Vaari's is that mine protects these people from overzealous people.

Do not forget that we rely on these people to protect our beloved home and without these people we might lost the next attack that comes and this would further endanger Operation Deliverance. No, we need tolerance for these pilots and we can try to convert them in due time. Just as the empire now employs (maybe not out of free will but still) many capsuleers not of the faith, so should we.

As said before, if a person is a clear enemy of the Amarrian empire and/or seeks to hurt people of the Amarrian Faith then he/she shall burn. I will personally fly with you and put the fear of god in these heretics. As you might have guessed these include: Sani Sabik, Blood Raiders, Sansha, Equilibrium of Man and Minmatar Fighters who actively fight against the Amarr Empire (FW). I myself fought my entire life against Sansha and someday I will break him.

An addendum to this proposal is incoming after talking to my esteemed colleague Mr. Korvush. I will try and change the proposal today.

Kr

Erika Wallker
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Erika Wallker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 am

As promised earlier, Mr. Korvush and myself discussed a more detailed proposal for the protection of faith:

------
§1
(1) The Amarrian religion is the only official religion in Providence
(2) Other religions are tolerated as described in §2 and §3
(3) Enemies of the Amarrian empire are per definition excluded (See §5).

§2
(1)Free non-Amarr are may practise foreign religious traditions individually or collectively in private places.
(2)Local authorities may deny permission to establish permanent places of worship,if deemed harmful to other residents of Providence (See §4).
(3)Such gatherings and institutions are under the supervision/protection of the authorities.
(4)The Magistrate retains the right to ban individual preachers or cults from Providence, if deemed harmful to other residents of Providence (See §4).

§3
(1) It is illegal to slander or attack followers of tolerated beliefs. Violators are subject to fines or in worst case persecution.
(2) Enlightenment in academic debate or sermon is excluded.

§4
(1) Harmful conduct includes:
- Attacks on people, religions or religious entities (Both Amarrian and others).
- Slander of the Amarrian Empire or God.

§5
(1) Enemies of the Amarrian empire include:
- Pilots involved in Warfare against the Amarrian Empire (both Factional and KOS Pilots)
- Sani Sabik / Blood Raiders
- Sansha
- Equilibrium of Man

------

This proposal can ofcourse be extended if need be (especially harmful behaviour and/or enemies). The only remaining question is who the magistrate is. My understanding would be that this is Equinox, does everybody agree with this?

I would like to rename this proposal to the "Protection of Faith act". If anybody objects please let me know today, else I will change the titel tomorrow.

P.S. Mr. Korvush, I hope you dont mind me adding §5 to this list, I have changed no rules.
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 am

I endorse the Protection of Faith Act.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

PreviousNext

Return to Operation Deliverance