[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Conclave of Providence • View topic - 3 proposals on administration and vice legislation

3 proposals on administration and vice legislation

All Proposals related to Operation Deliverance and its scope should be posted here for debate.

3 proposals on administration and vice legislation

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 pm

This is part of my comprehensive plan for

Esteemed Lords and Ladies, mr Secretary, Delegates of the Conclave,

I bring you three seperate proposals in one thread.
The first two adress the creation of a system of civic administration while the third offers the basis of a much needed vice legislation.

The first to proposals have an explanation in italics attached to it. This is not part of what will be recorded as the Conclave's recommendation.

The creation of a civic society is a grand project and we have little experience with this kind of administration.
Many things need to be done that capsuleers tend to neglect and we are in danger of overburdening ourselves should we attempt to manage everything ourselves.
So instead of creating a myriad of departments and civic offices right now I feel we should rather focus on one central leadership council which all other departments report to.
Should one branch of our society grow in size or significance to a stage where it warrants the creation of a seperate capsuleer held office, it may spring form there. Should on the other hand an existing office falter due to lack of work or capsuleer staff, it can be reconsolidated in this main department.
The name "Empyrean Council" signifies both, it's superiority over all other departments and the nature of our region as one held and organised by capsuleers.
I can not stress enough that this councils does not compete with the Magistrate for authority but is designed relieve him of the otherwise added burden of civic administration so he can focus on the management of his capsuleer fleet, the relationship with other such entities and the strategic development of our region. All of the council's actions are in his name as he retains ultimate authority.

The Conclave of Providence recommends

the formation of the Empyrean Council as the head of the civic administration of Providence.

§1 Responsibilities
The Empyrean Council shall
-(1) report to, advise and serve the Magistrate on all matters of civic administration
-(2) create, supervise and appoint leaders of administrative departments or reconsolidate them
-(3) develop further legislation
-(4) supervise judicial administration and enforcement.

§2 Members
The Council consists of
-(1) The Principal,
-(2) The heads of all subordinate departments,
-(3) Members named by special decree.

§3 The Principal
(1) The Principal is the leader and voice of the Council.
(2) His word cannot be overturned by the Council.
(3) He is appointed by the Magistrate.

§4 Superiority of the Magistrate
The Council derives it's powers exclusively from the Magistrate. It can enact no regulation without his consent and any measure taken can be overruled by his word.
Last edited by Laurentian Korvush on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Re: 3 proposals on administration and vice legislation

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:10 pm

The Providence Theological Institute is a pre-existing independant organisation that has since it's formal inauguration a year ago served in thevery tasks i propose we assign to it.
In truth it's founding corporation, Defensores Fidei and Lord Cardinal Kahar Dex, have promoted theological debate, reclaiming of residents and religious training for capsuleers for many years.
They even maintain a Monestary Citadel in southern Providence.
I see no reason not to use their existing structures and expertise and am certain they would be willing to take on this official mission.

The Conclave of Providence recommends

the Providence Theological Institute as an independant body shall be tasked with the voluntary religious formation of capsuleers and free residents and the promotion of the faith among the free population.
It shall advise the Magistrate and the Empyrean Council on matters of faith.
It is granted a seat on the Empyrean Council.
To these ends it shall consult regularily with the Imperial Pharmacy.
Last edited by Laurentian Korvush on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Re: 3 proposals on administration and vice legislation

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:19 pm

The alteration of the mind using narcotic agents and the objectifying use of human beings for the satisfaction of desires of the flesh are sins.
Unfortunately the leadership of the empire has made grave concessions to the infidels factions and their lapdog CONCORD. Soon even boosters will be regular commodities.
As an inofficial part of the empire under cpasuleer sovereignty we are luckily not bound by such agreements.
While I must concede that it would be an unrealistic to expect you all to continue the ban of combat boosters, given that we are all capsuleers and suffer no ill long-term effects,
I implore you to consider both, the non-capsuleers under our care and our faith when making your decision. Recreational use is unforgivable and combat boosters cause permanent harm
that regular people cannot escape by swapping out their poisoned body for a fresh one.
As for the abuse of people for the satisfaction of physical desires, I hope I must not convince you of it's inherent wickedness.

The Conclave of Providence recommend the enactment of the following vice legislation:

§1 Narcotics
(1) The production, trade, transport, use or promotion of recreational narcotics is prohibited.
(2) The production, trade, transport, use of combat boosters by non-capsuleers or promotion of such is prohibited.

§2 Sins of the flesh
The engagement in or promotion of prostitution or other sins of the flesh is prohibited.
Laurentian Korvush

Return to Operation Deliverance