[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Conclave of Providence • View topic - Proposal - The Golden Path

Proposal - The Golden Path

All Proposals related to Operation Deliverance and its scope should be posted here for debate.

Proposal - The Golden Path

Postby Utari Onzo » Mon May 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Lords, Ladies, Honoured Delegates and Observors.

In the course of the many years CVA has held Providence, it has held firm to the belief of an eventual Reclaimation by the Amarr Empire. Despite this Holy mission being a corner stone of the Provibloc's ambition, the Empire has for whatever reason been unable to enact a full annexation of the Region.

It is my belief that through a combination of CONCORD law regarding Capsuleer Sovereignity as laid out in the Yulai Convention, and the political environment between Four of the Five Signatories, that an annexation has not been enacted. The Federation, the Republic and quite possibly the State would exercise diplomatic and political pressure on the Empire, along with CONCORD's treatise limiting the true sovereignity of space claimed by Pilots. This has resulted in an environment that makes a potential annexation unpalatable.

To remedy this situation, I propose the Golden Path, a series of actions and steps that can be taken to allow for a more palatable and smooth transition into the eventual Reclaimation of the region, while still considering for the affairs of Caldari allies such as CAIN and APOC.

Step one - The right of Self Determination

The Providence Region will exercise its right of Self Determination through proclaimations of independance and seek for recognition as a sovereign state by virtue of the Provibloc's continued, long term, colonisation of space and the setting up of the branches of a self sustainable civilisation.

Unlike other Capsuleer regions in Nullsec, Providence has taken great steps to provide an entire, full ranged, system of Government for the colonists and pilots. Providence has established centres of education, enforced a system allowing for non-pirates to travel and trade within the region freely, established security in the region and set up outposts and other instruments of infrastructure on a scale unmatched. If any Capsuleer led region deserves to claim true Sovereignty and self determination it is Providence.

However, this is merely a first step in the Golden Path, and upon enough political willpower and recognition, hopefully by the Amarr Empire, the Region will be able to circumvent the current CONCORD limitations imposed upon Capsuleer claimed space. Once the Region has proved by self determination its right to see to its affairs, the process of eventual Reclaimation will be able to begin.

Step Two - Negotiation

After establishing itself as a region with Self Determination, the Providence region will begin negotiations with the Amarr Empire for Allied status with a view of further progression. By exercising the Region's right to determin its future, Providence will seek to establish a political and diplomatic situation where it would be counter to the interests of the other Signatories to interfer. Through the Gallente's claims of the right of the Minmatar to determine their future, it would be a political embarresment for them to try to prevent the people of Providence to exercise their same right.

Negotiations should take into account the needs of Caldari subjects resident within the Providence region, with a view of potentially formalising Enclaves in the same style as the Khanid Kingdom, and other examples of trader sectors set aside for foreign merchants and diplomats within Amarr cities. This would allow these individuals to continue to maintain areas of space, provide assistance to the Amarr Empire and be exposed to the Amarr Culture with a view that willing converts be free to join with the Amarr Empire.

To satisfy those HolderAlliances loyal to Amarr who have done a great service in maintaining their space, it should be considered in the negotiations to allow a gradual handing over of space and powers, or the possible implementation of Semi-Autonimous rights as seen in the Mandate and the Kingdom. This would allow a smooth transition of ultimate Sovereignity while keeping in place the institutions currently in service of the Region.

Step Three - Annexation

Post Negotiation, the process of Annexation will be able to commence at a pace dictated as agreed upon by the Empire and the caretakers of the Providence Region. The Providence Administrators privy to the Negotiations should consider the needs of the subjects and citizens of the region and allow for a gradual transition, starting with self-autonomy before the possibility of total annexation and the imposition of Holders of Amarr.

This will allow for the most efficient and smooth transition possible, while allowing both parties to view the effects and enact changes to the process where required. Communication and co-operation between the Empire and Providence Administrators should be continued.

It is my hope that with this roadmap as a guide, Providence will be able to begin the process of Reclaimation over a period of time, with as little disruption as possible to the common populace. It further serves as a means of the Empire both saving face, and Providence working within the rules of CONCORD. The Empire is bound by treaty to the Yulai Convention, and has made no moves, or demonstrated continued political will to change this position, therefore instead of sitting and waiting and praying for a change to come, we should take what steps we can to enable action now.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Re: Proposal - The Golden Path

Postby Erika Wallker » Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Dear Utari Onzo,

This is a very eloquent and well written proposal for a Continuation of Operation Deliverance . I can find no fault in the golden path.

I will study this proposal and the replies of others in great depth until such time that we are called to vote.

Kind Regards,
Erika Wallker
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Jin'taan » Mon May 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Jin'taan

Postby ChristianBlood » Tue May 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Lords, Ladies, Honored and Esteemed Guests,

Administrative Secretary Onzo,

I have spent many days now reviewing, contemplating and scrutinizing your proposal. While mediating the other day upon the issues that you have brought to light, and those of a few others, it occurred to me that I cannot precede further with thought and reflection upon this issue until viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2 - has been resolved. Fore, to open a new Proposal, or Operation, is currently impossible, or in the very least rendered to that of a secondary position, of the current Operation Deliverance. Which due to nature of your Proposal, makes that also an impossibility. I feel that the matters that you have put forth, have great merit, value and worth, and need serious debate and discussion, but I feel that simply cannot take place at this time until which time Lord Jin’taan’s Proposal is finalized in some fashion. So until that matter is closed, I simply cannot nor will I make any further comments upon this issue.

Yours in Service,

ChristianBlood
ChristianBlood

Postby JedsZero » Fri May 27, 2016 2:38 am

JedsZero
Principalof the Providence Empyrean Council
JedsZero

Postby [PIE] Laerise » Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 pm

God wills it!
[PIE] Laerise

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Sat May 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby Utari Onzo » Sat May 28, 2016 7:47 pm

If you do not feel it is the 'proper' way, I would be highly interested in hearing exactly what would be the 'proper' way and would actually result in the region's successful annexation. Presently, the status quo has yet to produce any results of note towards the conclusion of annexation and I would hazard to say will continue to produce no results so long as the current political situation continues.

Further, to respond to your suggestion in your last sentence that we can simply ignore CONCORD, truthfully we cannot. The Empire is a signatory to the Assembly, and is bound by treatise to its structures. The Empire, as I have stated before, has shown absolutely no moves to disassociate or dissolve itself of its obligations to CONCORD, and therefore at this present time and for as long as the Empire chooses to remain bound by CONCORD, we must take it into consideration. As much as bold words to the effect that we rightfully belong to the Empire and damn everyone else sound good, they don't actually bring any results. I'd like to see more of what actions to take rather then what words to say.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Postby rorincutter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:58 pm

I am not quite as eloquent as many of my brothers and sisters in providence, but this "self-determination" is not the Amarrian way. I am but a humble person but I can not support this.
rorincutter

Postby Utari Onzo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Self determination is not alien to the Amarr. It's not alien to anyone. It is the process of showing one's self can make their own determinations. This is not limited to declarations of independance, but as the proposal outlines can also be used as an official means of declaring one's intent to join with another state.

Right now, contray to the beliefs of almost every capsuleer who's ever 'held' sov within null security, we are technically subjects of CONCORD. We pay CONCORD tithes by the Alliance to hold the space, are subject to the Yulai Convention sections pertaining to Capsuleer Held Sovereignty and are bound by such. Our ability to expand infrastructure and colonise planets are, again, still resolutely controlled by CONCORD. My expressions of independance are more independance against this state of affairs then any desire for the region to be an independant region in its own right.

To provide an example all Amarr can relate to, by their collective self determination the Khanid wished to be reclaimed and converted. Their willingness and choice to bend to the Empire rather then resist demonstrated their determination to be taken back into God's light. This is exactly what I am proposing in the above.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Operation Deliverance