[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Conclave of Providence • View topic - Enforce Amarrian law

Enforce Amarrian law

All proposals on the Status of Slaves and Slavery should be posted here for debate.

Enforce Amarrian law

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 pm

This is part of my comprehensive pan for

Lords and Ladies, Mr Secretary, Delegates of the Conclave.
Today I wish to present to you my first proposal.
It consists of two parts which I request to be voted on seperately as the first outlines material law while the second suggests the creation of a managing body and both parts are individually viable.

As I have said in the related discussions I believe firmly in the institution of slavery as a means of reclaiming. This is irrelevant however as it is rooted in scripture. It can only be abolished when all aouls have been reclaimed.
The only question is: How do we apply it?
Do we continue the laissez-faire politics of de facto non-regulation or do we try to follow the scriptural rules aimed at the only acceptable legitimation for holding another human being in bondage: Reclaiming.
Presently everyone with access to an SCC market and some isk in their wallet can aquire another person as property and do with them as they please. This is not only inhumane but also unscriptural and criminal within the empire and thus in violation of the goals of Operation Deliverance.
While many have pointed out that the military reclaiming of Providence has been completed, most other goals have not.
The legal framework of slavery is one of the open questions.

I wish to suggest an answer guided by scripture and the true purpose of this institution.

Enact the same legislation as the empire proper:

§1 Ownership

(1) Ownership may only be aquired by imperial holders.
(2) Anyone whose permanent possession of slaves within the Amatar Mandate is tolerated by the respective authorities there are afforded the rights of owners per §§ 2 and 3.

§2Custodianship

(1) Owners may assign their property to permanent custodians.

§3 Possession

(1) Owners may assign temporary possession of slaves to registered individuals for purposes of trade.
(2) Owners and custodians may assign temporary possession to registered individuals for purposes of transport.

§4 Trade

(1) All who fulfill the requirements of §1 s1 have the right to purchase and sell slaves.

The Conclave of Providence recommends to the Magistrate the establishment of a
Council for Blest Reclaiming.

This council shall

- Keep a register of all legal slave traders within Providence.
- Oversee the overall conditions of slaves within the region and report to the Magistrate.
- Investigate cases of neglect, abuse, fraud or illegal possession or trade and report to local authorities.
- Advise owners, custodians and local authorities on slavery related issues.
- Keep a register of individuals deemed unfit to hold possession or custodianship according to §§2 and 3.

The exact design and procedures of this council will be determined in further deliberations.
It's members are appointed by and report to the Magistrate.
Last edited by Laurentian Korvush on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Re: Enforce Amarrian law

Postby Erika Wallker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:37 am

Dear Mr. Korvush,

It is my firm believe that Slavery should eventually be banished. Nothing can sway me from this opinion.

However, I am also pragmatic enough to realize I am the only one (or at least part of a minority) with this opinion. I would second this proposal that would allow only those who are Holders in the Amarr empire to hold slaves in Providence.

The only thing I would ask is that these people are treated as potential faithful (for the future) and all forms of corporal punishment be outlawed in Providence.

Please consider this small addendum to this proposal.

Kind Regards,

Erika Wallker
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby JedsZero » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 am

This is a proposal that I can wholeheartedly support, in the previous proposals on this topic I have continuously tried to move the discussion towards exactly this.
JedsZero
Principalof the Providence Empyrean Council
JedsZero

Postby Samira Kernher » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 am

Samira Kernher

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby Samira Kernher » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:35 pm

They are Holders. It is not for Providence to dictate the rights of Holders; such is defined in Scripture. If one has been gifted a title and grant of land in the Amarr Empire and thus elevated to Holder, then they are permitted to own slaves by Scriptural law.
Samira Kernher

Postby Utari Onzo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:24 am

I am agreed with Samira, if an individual holds title they hold title. That their blood is not totally, or even remotely of, True Amarr descent bears little on what legal rights they have. We can no more impose our will on them then any other Holder.

This isn't about following the majority's feelings but about following the Amarr law as it is, and that includes recognising the status of all Holders legally created.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:50 am

((updated))
Laurentian Korvush

Return to Status of Slaves and Slavery