Creation of Non-Holder Planetary Administration

This is where all Proposals for voting upon will be posted.

Do you support this proposal?

Yay
63%
Nay
38%

Total votes : 8

Creation of Non-Holder Planetary Administration

Postby Jin'taan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm

As a preface, I would like to say that I have separated the ranks that were originally associated with this proposal away from it. I feel that not only has Lauren done an excellent job in cataloguing and presenting what I consider to be an extensive and respectful list of titles and their roles, but it only muddied the main issue at hand.

(1) The Greater Providence Region will not, except under direct guidance at a later date, attempt to create any new Holders, Holderships, Esteemed Houses, or any other method by which an individual lays permanent, ancestral claim to land.

i) In lieu of this, Holder Alliances will understand that they are the Protectors of the Region, until it can be rightfully assigned.
ii) As such, the daily necessities of Sovereignty under the systems laid out by CONCORD can be achieved, without committing an affront to God.

(2) In order to ensure that the Greater Providence Region is able to both withstand invasion, and further civilise the citizens of our Area of Influence to facilitate any future endeavours, each habitable planet (Specifically, all Temperate & Oceanic planets, along with certain Barren, Storm and Ice worlds.) shall be administrated as a Non-Holder Planetary Administration (NHPA).

i) The person to undertake the administrative position of running a NHPA may be determined by the governing alliance, or Coalition Leader. (Person for the purposes of this position includes Empyreans as well as un-cloned Persons.)
ii) This position is considered temporary, and the privilege of it may be revoked at any time by the governing alliance or Coalition Leader.
iii) A person may not be granted authority over more than one (1) NHPA, except in single systems with multiple eligible planets.

(3) The administrator of a NHPA holds both absolute authority over the citizens of the world, and absolute responsibility for the citizens of the planet. As such, he is asked to perform the following tasks;

i) Educate the populace about the Amarrian faith, if not directly then through contact with the Theological Institute.
ii) Ensure that the industrial and trading capabilities of the planet are maintained and improved, to provide a greater base from which the region can operate and provide for its citizens.
iii) Maintain a planetary defence force capable of prevent in-atmosphere raiding from pirate outcasts, to ensure that their War-Hold is as self-sufficient as possible.
iv) Ensure that the populace is well treated within acceptable Amarrian standards, as befits a civilised society.
Last edited by Jin'taan on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jin'taan

Re: Creation of War-Holds

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 am

It is unfortunate this proposal is only now being brought up in this form when the time for discussion has passed.

Before I cast my vote I would like to draw your attention to the following points, hoping Mr Onzo will be lenient given that at the time of this transmission no votes have yet been cast on this matter.

The term "War-Hold" implies the presence of a war. This is in conflict with my proposed communication which explicitely declares the military reclaiming of Providence to be completed.
Hence I would ask for this term to be changed.

(2) i
This point in slight conflict with my proposal on titles of office which reserves the authority to name overseers for individual planets for the Governor in charge of the system they are located in, not the respective Protector.

(1) ii
While not in conflict with any proposal having my support, this point would include CONCORD as a valid authority in Providence law to which I strongly object.
This could be easily remedied by entirely removing this provision as it serves no apparent purpose anyway.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby Utari Onzo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Votes have been cast, therefore no more debate may continue on this proposal. Due to the time for debate having run out, the proposal must stand as is during this process. I will remind Delegates and Councillors to only take into account the wording of the proposal as is in their voting, and not any recommended changes.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Postby Erika Wallker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Laurentian Korvush wrote:It is unfortunate this proposal is only now being brought up in this form when the time for discussion has passed.

Before I cast my vote I would like to draw your attention to the following points, hoping Mr Onzo will be lenient given that at the time of this transmission no votes have yet been cast on this matter.

The term "War-Hold" implies the presence of a war. This is in conflict with my proposed communication which explicitely declares the military reclaiming of Providence to be completed.
Hence I would ask for this term to be changed.

(2) i
This point in slight conflict with my proposal on titles of office which reserves the authority to name overseers for individual planets for the Governor in charge of the system they are located in, not the respective Protector.

(1) ii
While not in conflict with any proposal having my support, this point would include CONCORD as a valid authority in Providence law to which I strongly object.
This could be easily remedied by entirely removing this provision as it serves no apparent purpose anyway.

I think Jin meant that the whole sovereignty System was devised by concord. nothing more and nothing less :) concord has no authority in Providence
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Re: Creation of Non-Holder Planetary Administration

Postby Vaari » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Silent Infinity votes against in great fear that this is first step to establish Providence originated nobility. I cannot support this.
Vaari

Postby Laurentian Korvush » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:21 pm

After a brief exchange with the author i believe most conflicts to be solvable.
Younger brother of a minor holder in khanid, history with the order of st tetrimon. exact capacity ist still to be reviewed so i don't mess up stuff.
if you feel I am missinterpreting or am unaware of PF, please contact me OOC so I can correct myself ;)
Laurentian Korvush

Postby JedsZero » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Laurentian Korvush wrote:After a brief exchange with the author i believe most conflicts to be solvable.

The only remaining issue is that those who have already voted can not change their votes.
JedsZero
Principalof the Providence Empyrean Council
JedsZero

Postby Erika Wallker » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Unfortunately the time to the dead line is very short now so redoing the vote makes no sense.

I hope Utari will accept this proposal anyways but I can understand if there is resistance to this proposal as it did not entirely went by the rules.

Erika
Amarr Victor!
Erika Wallker

Postby Utari Onzo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 am

By 5 votes to 3 this proposal has passed the voting stage. If the proposal is in direct conflict with another successful proposal a Councillor may raise this issue.
Utari Onzo
Site Admin

Return to Voting